Grim Rider's Websites
A site dedicated to long distance motorcycling &
home of the Grim Riders MCC; the British Long Distance Riders;
and the Moped Challenge
The record of my progress in visiting the Castles this year.
Saturday 23rd April 2011
Visited five castles on the Treasure Hunt Ride.
1. Kenilworth Castle, Warwickshire
2. Skenfrith Castle, Monmouthshire
3. Laugharne Castle, Carmarthenshire
4. Dolbadarn Castle, Gwynedd
5. Beeston Castle, Cheshire
Friday 20th May 2011
Visited this castle on the way to the start of the Brit Butt Rally.
6. Conisbrough Castle, South Yorkshire
Saturday 21st May 2011
Visited two castles while on the Brit Butt Rally (as I was passing!)
7. Bodiam Castle, Kent
8. Carisbrooke Castle, Isle of Wight
Wednesday 24th August 2011
Visited another two castles on a day tour of the Scottish Borders (along with a Moutnain Pass, three Round Britain Rally, and two TOMCC landmarks)
9. Caerlaverock Castle, Dumfries & Galloway
10. Bamburgh Castle, Northumberland
Wednesday 26th October 2011
Visited two more castles on the October Outing, unfortuanately my last visits of the year so only ended up with Silver Award this year.
11. Castle Rising, Norfolk
12. Orford Castle, Sussex